The Design Group builds experiences for Cisco's collaboration products - used by over 95% of Fortune 500 companies! This portfolio of award-winning tech helps teams across the globe work together and build connections. Check out what we work on below.
Webex Meetings is Cisco’s most well-known collaboration product. With this tool, you can have a high-definition online video conference with over 40,000 people. For convenience, you can also integrate Webex Meetings with other tools like Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook. We’ve put a great deal of thought into how you and your team can best collaborate, so you can forget about the technology and focus solely on what matters – your meeting. Webex Meetings is available on iOS and Android (including the phones, tablets, and watches), Mac OS, Windows OS, and a web-based client.
The Design Group started designing for this product around year 2000. Most of the designers working on Webex Meetings sit in Shanghai, China.
Webex Teams brings your work beyond the meeting. This cloud-based secure app enables continuous teamwork and collaboration through:
- Video conferencing — Enjoy the Webex Meetings experience through Webex Teams.
- Instant messaging — Send important information via direct and team messages, where they can be read and responded to right away—or flagged for follow up later. All your messages are saved in the same space where you meet and are available on all of your devices.
- File sharing — All of the files you receive are neatly organized, searchable, and saved right alongside all of your communications, so it’s easy to find what you’re looking for.
- Whiteboarding — Show, don’t tell. Whiteboard or draw out your idea live with your remote colleagues and share the interactive drawing in chat.
- Seamless integration with hundreds of other tools
Webex Teams is available on iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows OS, and as a web client.
Webex Teams began internal design and development around year 2014. Most of the designers working on this product sit in San Jose, California and Galway, Ireland.
Webex Devices work alone or together with Webex Meetings and Webex Teams to give you the best possible meeting and teamwork experiences. The Webex Devices team does both the software and hardware design for:
- Webex Board — All-in-one Team Tablet for content co-creation and video communication with stunning 4K HD video
- Webex Room Devices — Complete video systems for rooms of all sizes
- Webex Desk Devices — Compact video systems designed to fit on your desk
These Red Dot award-winning devices are designed for teamwork in a range of office areas. They connect your work to the meeting room and beyond and are designed for the way you work. For example, they wake up automatically when you enter the room. Some devices can even dim the lights and close the curtains for you.
Designs for these systems began at Tandberg around year 2000. Ever since Cisco acquired Tandberg, our design team in Oslo, Norway has been driving innovation for Cisco’s Collaboration devices.
The online team is responsible for Webex.com. They partner closely with the marketing team to create straightforward and catchy content that explains our products to our users. They are also responsible for the design and content that go into Cisco Collaboration’s marketing emails.
KS We celebrate our products with the intent to showcase the new and amazing solutions we have to offer to the market. Webex.com also helps with our customers’ adoption and nurture experience via help.webex.com. This team works closely with Marketing and Product and ensures the transition from awareness to purchase to use is seamless.
The online team is closely connected to all of our other product teams to ensure a seamless experience from webex.com to the apps.
They also work on SEO, our eCommerce platform, and our support center.
The online team was originally formed around 2016. Their designers primarily sit in San Jose and San Francisco, California and Warsaw, Poland.
The Platform team designs a variety of products for a variety of users:
• For our buyers, partners, and enterprise IT admins, we’ve designed Control Hub – a web-based, intuitive, single-pane-of-glass management portal that enables you to provision, administer, and manage Cisco Webex services.
• Our Developer Portal for Webex stores the documentation for APIs and SDKs as well as the tools for bots and integrations so it’s easy for developers to build products that integrate with Webex.
• Our AppHub contains a catalog of all approved apps that we can leverage within Webex Teams and Webex Meetings.
• Widgets and SDKs that are available as plug-ins for third party apps, allowing you to embed our Webex Teams into other products that you may use.
• Cisco’s design system, Momentum Design, centralizes and organizes our design brand so that designers and developers both internal and external can more easily create products that look great.
• Internal tools for customer success managers and customer 360 analytical tools.
This team formed around year 2010. The designers on this team sit all over the world in San Jose, California; Richardson, Texas; London, United Kingdom; and Oslo, Norway.
Jabber is a hybrid product between Webex Meetings and Webex Teams that is hosted on a company’s local servers (not cloud-based). Features include instant messaging, voice and video calls, voice messaging, desktop sharing and conferencing with other colleagues who are actively online. Jabber is available on iOS, Android, Mac OS, and Windows OS.
KS Jabber is a unified communications application that brings together presence, instant messaging (IM), voice and video, voice messaging, desktop sharing and conferencing into a single consistent experience across PCs, Macs, tablets and smart phones. It was Cisco’s first foray into team collaboration and calling to connect remote workers. Jabber is run on-premise, which means our Customers host the servers on which the Jabber services operate. However, the end users have a simple, elegant experience.
The same Shanghai designers who work on Webex Meetings also work on Jabber.